Featured Post

When God Calls You

Most of the time, when we are at the most comfortable moment of our lives... God will suddenly instruct us to stand up from that lazy b...

#Lihim na Hardin: Mint on Mojito


It all started with that Mojito from TGI Fridays last year...

Yes! That one!!!

That glass that Allen holds...

The green thingy are Mint leaves; soaked on that Mojito (non alcoholic).

Since I have a spare pot with soil (because the previous plant on it died...) I thought of planting something again, its just another trial since I knew all along that I do not have a green thumbI never grow any plant before... maybe I tried but I'm sure it was not successful.

Just out of... ummmhhhh, I don't know... I took the leaves, dried it on a tissue and brought it home. I do not even have an idea that Mint are stem cutting plant and easy to grow... that even when it was already soaked on a Mojito which is composed of soda water and lime juice (its non alcoholic), it can still grow.

Actually, I'm not sure if its just normal... but for me, it was special because that sprig of Mint leaves serves as an eye opener for me that I can plant and it will grow...

I do not need green thumb to grow a plant... and it will never be an assurance that a plant won't die because of that...


I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. - Paul, 1 Cor. 3:6

The verse is not about planting Mint, but it is about sharing the Word of God. 

Sometimes we thought that we are not qualified nor equipped in sharing the Good News to other people. We just sit quietly at our favorite area in the church and let others work on the ministry... 

We read the Bible and just keep it to ourselves because we thought that we do not have a green thumb to plant the Word of God to others. 

We might have shared the Word of God to our family, friends or officemates but they refuse to accept Jesus Christ at that moment; it doesn't mean that they will not grow in faith; maybe another person will be used by the Lord to water the seed that you have planted in their hearts... 

We are only instruments used by God. 
We can only do much in His Kingdom... 
As ministers of Christ, we work on His vineyard, we plant, we water but how it will grow is all according to His will... 

This Mint has inspired me to plant more... both spiritually and literally; Sharing the Word of God and plant other seeds (literally)... 
Our veranda became my favorite area at home and these plants serves as an encouragement for me to go on... at times when I feel that I am not fully equipped to serve His ministry, these Mint reminds me that with Christ, all things are possible... He just requires an obedient heart and the rest will follow according to His will. 

#LihimNaHardin #MintOnMojito

No comments:

Post a Comment