Featured Post

When God Calls You

Most of the time, when we are at the most comfortable moment of our lives... God will suddenly instruct us to stand up from that lazy b...

#Lihim Na Hardin: Cilantro

Nhyit brought the pack of Coriander few months ago... during summer.

That time my tomato plant died... it didn't survive the heat but my Lemon and Mint were sooo green!

I planted the Coriander; weeks passed but I didn't grow a single shoot.

Admittedly, I didn't research on growing Cilantro; I just read the instructions from the pack and planted it...

Months passed and nothing happen.

Then, it was winter...

I was surprised seeing these shoot from the plant bed! Finally!!!

It was memorable since it's officially the 1st day of my new journey...
after months of waiting, I am now embracing a new beginnings... and yes, here's my plant that I thought would never grow!

Indeed, #TheBestIsYetToCome

I was so excited to see it grow. I checked on it often and it makes me really happy just by looking at it.

Until it got damaged by sand storm; its soft stems breaks and quickly dried up.

It broke my heart.

But I know that there are lessons in everything that happens; big or small things, I know God deals with me in a very special way; there are lessons that I need to learn...

I was reminded of two things from Ecclesiastes 3: A Time for Everything.

This, I realized when I first saw the shoots... there are season for every activity under the heavens; a time to plant and a time to uproot (3:2)...

My tomatoes died on summer while I grew 2 pots of my Mint On Mojito on that season...

People come and go... gadgets are upgraded every year... we set records and break it for a higher one... what's in today will definitely be out in the coming months. We are living in the fast phase world where every tick of the clock is important...

The big Q is: Is it really important that we spend most of the time in front of our laptop / gadgets, browsing the net or playing games... spent the weekend partying or watching your favorite series the whole day...

Do you still have time for devotion or even just to say a little prayer in the morning before you drag yourself to to work?

There's a time for everything... we won't be here forever. We are just passers by and we do not know how long our journey will last. Others lived longer than expected while some spent less than the rest; our time is uncertain but His Words are. 

Believe it or not, (maybe those who loves gardening can relate) my plants gives me joy... seeing them grow is a bliss! And as I mentioned,  when it died, it really made me sad...

I waited for months to see it grow; but in a snap, it was gone with the wind...

After what happened, I made my research on growing Cilantro plant because maybe I made a mistake while planting; is it the pot, the soil, the location... and as what I have read my plant should be fine.

I can only plant and water, but only God can make it grow...

There is a time for everything. Your prayers are still unanswered not because God didn't hear it... His silence doesn't mean no; there are delays because God's time is always the perfect time. And at times when God answers No! It means its not good for us. We do not need to understand why because we know that He only wants the best for us.


#LihimNaHardin #Cilantro


No comments:

Post a Comment