Featured Post

When God Calls You

Most of the time, when we are at the most comfortable moment of our lives... God will suddenly instruct us to stand up from that lazy b...

Everything is Meaningless

While I was talking to one of my mentors in church about my decision of working in the vineyard of God, I also shared experiences and views that I had from the pasts...

I was curious and experimental, aggressive and risk taker from my teenage years.

I remember being constantly on top 10 during elementary, tagged as grade conscious - which is embarrassing! When I reach high school, I wanted to experience the excitement of skipping classes, cheating and not submitting projects on time. I tried it during freshman and sophomore years; I do not want to miss the excitement of cramming and not studying during exams week... I tried and yes, its feels good specially when you you still pass!

I went back to serious studying during junior and senior years  and I graduated with honors. The fun was replaced by joy as soon as I went up the stage and accepted the awards with my parents and loved ones...

My college adventures were not that far from high school. I was a scholar on the first 2 years, belonging to the Honor Society Org. but then again, I know that there are many lessons in life that I can only learn outside the campus. I started to work as service crew in a fast food chain (Jollibee) and it helped me a lot in my personal and social development. It was my choice to be a working student and I can say that it was a good choice because I really learn a lot...

The fun side shouldn't be missed as well, from the cutting classes and cheating... however it was less because I was really cautious doing it as I still want to keep my grades on good standing and of course to graduate on time.

But my curiosity lead me to not so good situation... I learned vices until I got addicted to it. I started smoking cigarette and drink alcohol as young as 19 (yes, of legal age) and the worst, I was into homosexual relationship.

Looking back to my "wild" days as I call it, I remember that while I do such weird and crazy things, I always tell my friends: "para may mapag-kwentuhan" (so that I have stories to tell...).

Of course, there are more 'adventures' after college... my curiosity and aggressiveness brought me to a roller coaster journey of wild and crazy life...

Until God picked me up... when I was wrecked and empty.

Today, I was reminded from my Forwarded Messages post: Happy Thoughts on Tough Times with what was discussed during my coffee talk with my mentor..


What good does cheating means to someone? Students skip classes and that's normal, what's new about this? Do we see any value of cigarette addiction to people? Working students are normal things, why does it matter now?

I remember this words from Ecclesiastes 1: 2 / 14

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”

14 I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless,
a chasing after the wind.

It seems normal... uhm yes, these experiences were normal and meaningless until I got to know Jesus and witness His great and wonderful works in my life. 

LIFE IS FILLED WITH MEANING AS SOON AS JESUS CHRIST ENTERS INTO IT! 

Before, I thought that my curiosity just lead me to destruction, that my eagerness to know and experience those things are just waste of time...

Ecclesiastes 7:15-18

15 In this meaningless life of mine I have seen both of these:
the righteous perishing in their righteousness,
and the wicked living long in their wickedness.
16 Do not be over righteous,
neither be overwise—
why destroy yourself?
17 Do not be over wicked,
and do not be a fool—
why die before your time?
18 It is good to grasp the one
and not let go of the other.
Whoever fears God will avoid all extremes.

Today, I see that there are reasons for every pain, every disappointment, failure and craziness that I've been to, because I was picked up by God, pieces by pieces from the shattered life that I used to have. 

And when God touches us, He restores that beauty that was with us from the very beginning, He gives meaning to every bruises, He values every heartaches that we've been through and uses all these weird experiences to reveal His love for us. 

If not for Jesus Christ, my story would just be another story of people struggling to survive, trying to quit smoking or homosexual who went straight again... 

God transformed all the crazy things to wonderful things. 

Now, these lessons of life isn't just so that I have a story to tell, but this lessons are for His glory, this isn't just a plain story: it is a TESTIMONY of GOD'S FAITHFULNESS...
and it's no longer meaningless...


No comments:

Post a Comment