Featured Post

When God Calls You

Most of the time, when we are at the most comfortable moment of our lives... God will suddenly instruct us to stand up from that lazy b...

The Good Samaritan 7 years after

This is my first Kali blog in 2008: THE GOOD SAMARITAN {better to read this first...}

For the past seven years, I hold on to this miracle as a reminder of God's faithfulness in our lives... how He blesses us, despite of all our shortcomings... and how He reveals Himself to us, wherever we are, whatever we do...

I can never put into words my feelings at that moment... I know God is dealing with me, but at that time, I am satisfied knowing that I am blessed, that He is there whenever I need Him and that He loves me and I am aware of it...

Today, seven years and about four months after that miracle, I still cannot put words into my feelings whenever I remember that moment... and  I know that until now, God is dealing with me, however I was not satisfied in knowing that I am blessed, that He is there whenever I needed Him and He loves me... but now, I know that there is more into that...

Road towards Dead Sea (Jordan) 2013


The Parable of Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25037) isn't about receiving God's blessings... but its the other way around. It isn't about the love of the Lord but our love for our Lord.

When that miracle happened, I was still living my own life, starting a new chapter here in UAE and hoping for a successful career, just like anybody else...

But God has a different plan for me... as I started to work towards my dreams and ambitions, He also work out His plans for my life.

I was not here to be merely a recipient of His blessings...

We are surrounded with this man from parable that was attacked by robbers... not just robbers of material possessions but robbers of faith, of hope, of love, of peace... of salvation...

We are living in chaos and many people just go with the flow... living lives according to the standards of this world. Self-centered, career oriented, pride, and 'selfies'...

There were priest and Levite, but they passed on the other side and chose to ignore the man. There must be many reasons why they took the other side of the road, and I am sure, if they were given a chance to explain at this moment, they can give us tons of reasons for their actions...

Just like us and our many excuses of why we cannot invite a friend to attend a worship service. Just like how we keep our mouth shut in front of our love ones who needs Jesus in their lives... we move on the other side of the road for protection because robbers might still be around, so to be safe, we just keep the boundary and let the gap divide our roads... we are in the comfort zone, we can always travel smoothly until we reach our destination...

Then there is this Good Samaritan, whom should not associate themselves to Jews... he went to the man in need, bandage his wounds, brought him to inn and take care of him. He gave all that he has to this total stranger...

Have we done the same thing to someone, ever? Someone that we didn't know, a total stranger. Can we risks our lives for such person?

We are blessed to be a channel of His blessings, we are here not just to be SSS - Saved, Seated and Satisfied (thank you Sharon for this)... We receive the Good News of Salvation for us to share it to the people around us, our family, friends, colleague...

They are this man who was robbed, and they need a Good Samaritan... who would help them not just temporarily but with full of love, mercy and compassion... ready to take the risks and willing to give whatever they have.

I know it's easy being said than done... to confront a friend who's engage in wrong relationship, love one who refuse to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, a colleague who is lost in faith, your parents who gives importance to their religion rather than their relationship to God... they are people what surrounds us, they need help...

We know the danger, we might get attacked by the robbers too... but are how far can we go?

Jesus gave us the parable of the good Samaritan... and left us with an instruction: GO AND DO LIKEWISE.

#WhenGodCallsYou, He requires your full obedience, 100%.

We are to love Him wholeheartedly, with all our soul and with all our strength and with all our mind... only through this, we can learn to love our neighbors completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment