Featured Post

When God Calls You

Most of the time, when we are at the most comfortable moment of our lives... God will suddenly instruct us to stand up from that lazy b...

CHAT WITH JESUS

Quiet time... Solitude... Moments with Him.


Hebrews 13:15 NIV
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—
the fruit of lips that openly profess his name 

I never knew the real importance of quiet times with God until I experience it's awesome power.

Before, it was just part of my routine; morning devotion and prayer before bed -- and sometimes, Amen comes the next morning... but as time goes by, I noticed that it was no longer just a routine... I long for it. Days won't be complete without my "chat with Jesus."

It grows deeper each day; from merely reading devotionals, to sharing and writing through blogs and testimonies. I have the desire of knowing Jesus more, to be with Him often...

Then I understand that during those Quiet Times, I was being transformed; Jesus talks to me in ways that I couldn't understand, but He reveals to me everything I have held within myself. My weaknesses, selfishness and all the deep, hidden areas of myself...

I was guilty When God Calls me and invited me to work for His ministry, I was embarrassed that despite having a "chat with Jesus" daily, I found myself full of pride and lacking in faith.

All my lame excuses... my family needs me as I am supporting them financially; my father is sick, I need work for his maintenance meds, and what about my nephews and niece's needs? I work for them, I provide for them! I, I, I... me, me, me...

God told me, that it's not you and it was never you and it will never ever be you, Lizzie!
You cannot do anything... your pride has told you that you did it... I AM telling you that no, its not you!


Hebrews 4:12 ESV
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.


Yes, I experienced it... God talks to His children, as long as we call on Him. We need to "chat with Jesus" for Him to work on us. Unless we allow Him to settle those doubts in our hearts, we can never be of service to Him.

During my Moments with Him, I was rebuke with the idea that I understand and know who I am... because the truth is that the Only One who understand me is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment