Featured Post

When God Calls You

Most of the time, when we are at the most comfortable moment of our lives... God will suddenly instruct us to stand up from that lazy b...

TRANSITION: Stranger at Home

It’s almost 3 weeks since I arrived here in Philippines, for good…
Yes, it took me that long to settle, fix my things, unpack my luggage and feel comfortable again with my new environment before I finally write again. 



I never imagine that it would be different compared to just going home for a short visit. It felt weird, trying to fit in to your home… there are times that I still feel like a stranger to them.

Many things have changed in 8 years… my niece and nephews weren’t kids at all, gone are the running under the table and jumping on the bed; they are now busy doing their own stuff.

We are all adjusting; I tried to fit in with their routines… Nanay’s breakfast, Tatay’s merienda and kids midnight snacks. They are also trying to know me again… and I know it’s harder on their part especially for my brother and sister-in-law as I was too pushy on many things. But they patiently adjust according to my demands.

The first 2 weeks were really hard; I easily get irritated when things didn’t go my way. I say words that were offensive without considering their feelings.

Thank God that it was not long after I was rebuked by the Holy Spirit; He made me realized that I might offend other people, especially my family because of my actions.

A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel. – Proverbs 15:18

How can I encourage them to join me in the ministry when I, myself was not living the life that is pleasing to God?

Self-check: Yes, I am guilty. And only through the Holy Spirit that I realized my mistakes and weaknesses…

During this transition, I am sure that I can still do offensive things that might hurt them… but through the Holy Spirit, I am more cautious and more sensitive with my actions; thank God I am guarded and guided.

The fear of the Lord teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honour. – Proverbs 15:33


#Transition #WhenGodCallsYou

No comments:

Post a Comment