Featured Post

When God Calls You

Most of the time, when we are at the most comfortable moment of our lives... God will suddenly instruct us to stand up from that lazy b...

Promises Made. Promises Broken.


This is what runs in my mind while I listen to our HR Manager explaining why she can no longer grant the request that we just agreed when she requested me to extend for a month in the agency. She talks fast and firm. Her words sounds convincing to her... but not to me.

Well, I do not want to waste this page ranting about this,  but I rather share the lessons that I learned from the situation.

The summary of the story is that we compromise; they asked me to extend for another month while I requested for an extension of my UAE visa.

Holding on to her promise not to worry about my visa, I have set my plans having in mind that I still have my visa for few months... but "rules" changed and my request isn't possible anymore and "there's nothing that she can do."

I was so upset... I felt betrayed at that moment. There was anger, pain that I cannot explain... and in times like these, it's not Mentos that we need :) but prayer...

I soak myself in prayer... and the Holy Spirit is always there to remind  me again and again...

He always have the best plan for each of us...


Isaiah 55:8 | "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

There are times that we feel disappointed on why things didn't go our way... we have prayed for it and we know deep inside that we have good motives, but we received a no-no from Him who is the Master Planner of our lives...

As of writing, Erika sent a PM, informing me that her colleague has a family emergency and needs to travel back to India. This means that if we booked on the travel dates that we planned, we have to cancel it now...

God just once again reveal His majestic ways to us... not our will, but it's His will. We just have to submit and surrender not just the big decisions, but even the smallest concerns in our lives.

He alone is faithful to His promises... 

Psalm 118:8 | It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.

Christ alone fulfill promises, no one else. We can never hold on to anyone's words or promises... Yes, not even our parents, siblings, husband / wife or best friends, we are all weak and unfaithful... all of us.

Only the righteousness of God can free us from the lies of the world. Unless we focus our lives to Jesus Christ, we will all go astray, living in lies as if we are all telling the truth.

As I always testify, I am a work in progress...
the pruning are painful most of the time.
It still hurts me for a while, but God is always there to ease the pain.

I never felt alone in this journey...
there was never a minute that I didn't feel the Holy Spirit in me.
He is here, guiding me, rebuking my negative thoughts and strengthening me when I feel weak.

In my prayers and devotions, He speaks to me.. even in my dreams, the visions are clear.

My heart is overflowing with gladness, I am excited to experience more of God's work in me everyday...may it be a fulfillment of His promise or mending my heart with someone's broken promises...






No comments:

Post a Comment