Featured Post

When God Calls You

Most of the time, when we are at the most comfortable moment of our lives... God will suddenly instruct us to stand up from that lazy b...

Welcome to my square world.
Where everything seems to be one click away...

I've been blogging for few years now, as I rekindle my passion in writing and practice my photography.
Comments and feedback inspires me... and when there are new followers, I am thrilled.

I may say that I first got hooked because of 'temporary' reasons...


Being an OFW, I am now in a different dimension...
Living temporarily away from home somehow change my perceptions about life and living. Everything seems impermanent.
The place you stay in, your housemates, your work, colleagues, and your so called friends...

As years passed in this alien world, I shifted apartments 3 times during my first 3 years...

My first is only a bed space... my things were there for like 3 mos. yet I did not stay there, instead I was always at our friend's house. Yet for that 3 mos. or so, I also had 'bonding moments' with  my 'housemates' that I only knew by name.
When I moved out from there... its over. I still have their numbers but that's just it.

After that, when my BFF Erika arrived here in Dubai, we had a 'partition space' meaning we have a private space... one room divided into three, separated by cabinets, curtains, dividers...  :-)
Our stay lasted for a year. It was in a villa, where I also met different 'kinds' of people... gained very few friends (and I am only counting 2, in particular / a couple) and the rest are just acquaintances.
There were few bonding memories with housemates but no attachment to people... absolutely nothing!
I only knew them by name and their Dubai mobile numbers. We are not even FB friends, btw!
When I left the place... again, everything is over.

From that partition, we moved to a better space. A bigger room... Studio type that we shared with a couple. Just us... and its also a year of stay. Within that 1 year, we never shared any meal with them... not one dinner nor snacks... never! We come at night, hi! hello! good night!
Yes... I also do not know their family name... I call them by their first names... and only have mobile numbers, whom I never text-ed nor have I receive any message from them since the day we left the house.

After that, is our current place, a studio flat. No more housemates... just us! :-)

With that 3 stories, I think you have understood what I meant by living temporarily outside the country.
The people whom we shared rooms with... stayed in one place for not just weeks but at least a year... were still just acquaintances... and very seldom that friendship arises.

They are just people that you got to know in passing... on this journey.
And to them, you are also one stranger that they met along the way.

The only difference is how big are the impacts you created with each other... and the memories that you left, as you parted ways.

Now, how was it related to my blogging???

I missed my family who happened to be my diary - listening to my daily story telling... 
I missed my dear friends who were my journals, whom I update every now and then my everything...
I missed my former colleagues and the exchanging of ideas about anything...
I simply missed expressing myself to those people that listens... to those people who cares.

and in the middle of that, blogging was introduced to me.

In the 2 previous, 'in passing' work experiences... I only kept (1) colleague. I have his number, we are not friends, but we keep in touch. And the rest... I cannot even remember.

Now, in my present company, I am with account management side... dealing with numbers... doing computations. I can say that I am good in numbers... :-) BUT I love doing production more than anything...

and I found blogging to be an outlet for the 'other me.'

Being one of the biggest ad agency in MENA, people come and go... one day you'll bumped with someone along the hallway, the next day, she's gone and moved to another company/
And that's just it. Goodbye and good luck!

In this busy - fast phase world where I belong...
Those scenarios had somehow made an impact in me towards relationship with other people.
I am no more Ms. Congeniality...
Aside from my BFF, I cannot consider anyone here in the office as a friend...

Time change, people change.
You have to be very cautious in dealing with all the person you encounter.
You have to know who to trust and who to avoid.
Who are lasting... and who are just passing.

Because of that, I detached myself from the picture and created my own...
In front of this monitor... hand in hand with this keyboard and mouse...
I have found a more peaceful and meaningful world...

I have learned The Value of Sharing

As posts piled up, I have discovered my purpose and had self-fulfillment on the things that I do...
This has been my greatest accomplishment... being an instrument in spreading The Good News...

Thank you for listening...
Thank you for the time you gave in reading my thoughts...
Thank you recognizing my photographs...
Thank you for sharing forwarded messages...

To you, I share my world...
and to HIM, I dedicate my everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment